I'm a design leader who cares about increasing access to information, privacy, community and opportunity.
I have 14 years of experience working with startups, design studios, non-profits, government agencies, educational institutions, international organizations.
I optimize to cultivate environments that make way for teams to ship elegant and clear solutions to complex problems, consistently and flexibly, with a specific expertise in taking products from 0 - 1 and scaling them onwards.
Read about the practices that guide how I amplify wellness and effectiveness for individuals and teams.
I have expertise with...
- shipping in any kind of environment
- government services for people (business to consumer)
- enterprise applications (business to business)
- discovery research to uncover and identify market opportunities for business growth
I’m currently with Nava PBC, where I lead teams to build products for people who seek and use government benefits in partnership with them and federal & state government agencies and , such as:
- 🦅 Department of Veterans Affairs
- 🌲 State of California’s Employment Development Department
- 🍁 State of Vermont’s Agency of Human Services
- 🏥 Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Before this, I was with 18F, a design and technology team within the federal government, where I was a:
- Lead designer/researcher on login.gov for more than 2 years, building the product from zero to more than 26 million users
- Research lead for diversity, equity and inclusion work
- Researcher for a redesigned public benefit program application
- Researcher for Federalist, a publishing platform for government sites
Outside of work, I’m proud to have...
- volunteered with Inneract Project, where, through participatory research, my team created the framework of a new entrepreneurial design curriculum with staff and students
- earned a MFA in Interaction Design and completed my thesis, Surveillance Stories, which makes the technically and socially complex concept of surveillance easier to understand on a personal level
- recieved the Powerful Leader in Design award from DC FemTech
- cultivated a painting practice and earned a BFA in Graphic Design and Painting
👋🏽 I’d love to chat firstname.lastname@example.org.
My name is pronounced Meg-na Khan-dey-ker.