I'm a design leader who cares about increasing access to information, privacy, connection and opportunity.
I have 14 years of experience working with startups, design studios, non-profits, government agencies, educational institutions, international organizations. I was fortunate to amplify my design practice and network through MICA’s BFA in Graphic Design and SVA’s MFA in Interaction Design.
I optimize to create environments and relationships that make way for individuals and teams to ship elegant and clear solutions to complex problems, consistently and flexibly. Read about the practices that guide how I amplify wellness and effectiveness for individuals and teams, and about my experience in 🔒 leadership & operations.
I have expertise leading work that can be categorized as:
- government benefits for people (or, business to consumer)
- large internal platforms for government executives and staff (or, business to business)
- research to uncover and identify market opportunities for business growth
I’m currently with Nava PBC, where I lead teams to build products for people who seek and use government benefits in partnership with government agencies, such as:
- 🦅 Department of Veterans Affairs
- 🌲 State of California’s Employment Development Department
- 🍁 State of Vermont’s Agency of Human Services
- 🏥 Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Before this, I was with 18F, a design and technology team within the federal government, where I was:
- Lead designer/researcher on login.gov for more than 2 years, building the product from zero to more than 26 million users
- Research lead for diversity, equity and inclusion work
- A researcher for a redesigned public benefit program application
- A researcher for Federalist, a publishing platform for government sites
Outside of work, I’m proud to have...
- volunteered with Inneract Project, where through research, my team created the framework of a new entreprenurial design curriculum with staff and students
- completed my MFA thesis, Surveillance Stories, which makes technically and socially complex concept of surveillance easier to understand on a personal level
- recieved the Powerful Leader in Design award from DC FemTech
- cultivated a painting practice
👋🏽 I’d love to chat email@example.com.
My name is pronounced Meg-na Khan-dey-ker.