I'm a design leader who cares about increasing access to information, benefits, connection and opportunity.
I have 14 years of experience working with startups, design studios, non-profits, government agencies, educational institutions, international organizations. I was fortunate to amplify my design practice and network through MICA’s BFA in Graphic Design and SVA’s MFA in Interaction Design.
I have expertise leading work that can be categorized as:
- government benefits for people (or, business to consumer)
- large internal platforms for government executives and staff (or, business to business)
- research to uncover and identify market opportunities for business growth
I’m currently with Nava PBC, where I lead teams to build products for people who seek and use government benefits in partnership with government agencies, such as:
- 🦅 Department of Veterans Affairs
- 🌲 State of California’s Employment Development Department
- 🍁 State of Vermont’s Agency of Human Services
- 🏥 Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Before this, I was with 18F, a design and technology team within the federal government, where I was:
- Lead designer/researcher on login.gov for more than 2 years, building the product from zero to more than 20 million users
- Research lead for diversity, equity and inclusion work
- A researcher for a redesigned public benefit program application
- A researcher for Federalist, a publishing platform for government sites
I’m proud to have volunteered with Inneract Project, where through research, my team created the framework of a new entreprenurial design curriculum with staff and students.
Read about my practices (how I work, why I work) that guide how I amplify wellness and effectiveness for individuals and teams.
I’d love to chat at meghana.khandekar [at] gmail.com.
My name is pronounced megh-na, meaning “of the clouds” in Hindi.